Pioneers of Flight Scholarship Professionnel1 month ago - Learning - Washington, D.C. - 134 views
The National Air Transportation Foundation (NATF) established the Pioneers of Flight Scholarship Program in 1989 to offer financial assistance and encouragement to young people in the pursuit of academic excellence. By making scholarships available, NATF's ultimate goal is to foster and promote careers in the general aviation industry.
Applicants to the Pioneers of Flight Scholarship must be:
- College students in their sophomore or junior year who are enrolled in a full-time aviation degree program at an accredited four-year college or university.
- A high academic achiever with a 3.0 GPA or better, on a 4.0 scale.
- Able to demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in general aviation
The Pioneers of Flight scholarships, in the amounts of $1,000 each, are to be used for one year of full-time undergraduate study. Two awards will be granted each year.
- Interested students must complete an application and submit it along with the following required documents NO LATER than the last Friday in December.
- Complete transcript of gradesOne original and three photocopies- Letter of recommendation- Essay on general aviation- Paper indicating career goals in general aviation
- All information received becomes the property of NATF, is considered confidential, and is reviewed only by the screening committee and NATF officials.
Recipients will be notified in writing by the end of April and all other applicants will be notified in writing by mid-May. Our scholarship recipients are announced to the public in issues of general aviation publications, such as our Aviation Business Journal and also featured on our website.
Payment of Scholarships
The Pioneers of Flight Scholarship checks will be made payable jointly to the recipient and their college/university (and must be endorsed by both). The scholarship checks will be mailed to each recipient's address stipulated on the scholarship acknowledgement form.
Recipients are required to supply copies of pertinent records and to notify NATF of any changes of address, school enrollment or other relevant information. Except as described here, no obligation is assumed by NATF, members of its scholarship selection committee or the National Air Transportation Association. Tax liability, if any, will be the sole responsibility of the recipient.
NATF reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship and to make changes at any time, including termination, of the scholarship program. Previously approved scholarships will not be affected by subsequent changes to the program.
Questions regarding the scholarship program should be emailed to email@example.com.