The purpose of this program is to promote academic excellence by offering scholarships to foreign students who are citizens of an African or European country (other than France and French speaking Belgian students1) and are admitted to a master’s program at Université Laval.
This scholarship of $7,000 per year is renewable once, subject to compliance with the faculty’s criteria of excellence and upon the research director’s recommendation and faculty approval.
Criteria of excellence
The Registrar’s Office considers the average available when the application is reviewed.
Achieve a score of 14/20 or better or the equivalent of a “mention bien” on the diploma required for admission.
Scholarships are awarded to candidates admitted to a master’s program2.
List of eligible programs
11/20 to 13/20 average
Candidates are eligible, but scholarships are subject to faculty decision.
- At the deadline indicated below, must have submitted a complete application package3 at Université Laval in an eligible first master’s program and have been accepted in this program.
List of eligible programs
- You are a foreign student who is a citizen of an African or European country other than France and French speaking Belgian students.
- You graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in your country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed.
- You are registered full time for the two firt semesters in the program of study for which the scholarship was granted.
Please note that master’s scholarships for international students will not be available for study programs followed exclusively outside Quebec.
LIST OF ELIGIBLE PROGRAMS
Deadline and Submission Guidelines
There is no form to complete for master’s level scholarships. Recipients are selected using information from admission applications received by Université Laval. To be considered, candidates must submit a complete application for admission to the University no later than the deadline of the target semester.
- Admission for winter 2018 : September 15th, 2017
- Admission for summer 2018 : January 15th, 2018
- Admission for fall 2018 : February 1st, 2018
1 French citizens already benefit from a supplemental tuition fee exemption under the MEES policy entitling them to pay the same tuition fees as Québec students. French speaking Belgian students will benefit from this policy from the fall 2018 semester.
2 Participating faculties can determine a fixed number of scholarships to be awarded. Please refer to the person in charge of this program at your faculty to get more information.
3 Please see the admission requirements.
Please note that changes may be made to Master’s Scholarships for International Students without notice during the year. Visit our website regularly to keep up to date.