Babar Ali Fellowship on Pakistan Professionnel2 months ago - Learning - Cambridge - 222 views
The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute is pleased to offer the Syed Babar Ali Fellowship to support recent PhDs, those in the final stages of their PhDs, and advanced professional degree holders in areas related to Pakistan. Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate prior educational history that has taken place largely in Pakistan, and plan to return to Pakistan upon completion of the fellowship.
Fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the academic semester of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. The fellowship lasts for a duration of one academic semester (either the Fall or Spring). Applicants may indicate their preference through the application form down below. Participation includes contributing to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
Total stipend for one semester: $20,000
Health insurance up to $5,000 and round trip economy travel expenses from South Asia to Boston will also be provided (for participants residing in South Asia only).
All reimbursements and stipends are limited to the dates of the appointment.
Deadline: February 8, 2019
- Visit and fill out the Online Application Form. This application form is the common application for both the Aman Fellowship and the Babar Ali Fellowship. Applying through this form makes you a candidate of both fellowships. If you would prefer the Babar Ali Fellowship, please indicate this preference on the Mittal Institute Fellowship Cover Sheet. Once all applications are received and reviewed, the Mittal Institute will offer the final candidates either the Aman Fellowship OR the Babar Ali Fellowship, based on fit and the applicant’s academic interest.
- Fill out and upload the Mittal Institute Fellowship Cover Sheet to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a five-page, double-spaced research plan to the Online Application Form.
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae, which lists your academic degrees (including disciplines and the dates the degrees were received), your publications and research presentations, and any previous grants and/or fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (i.e. one dissertation chapter) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of recommendation should be emailed directly by recommenders to email@example.com by the deadline, with “Mittal Institute Pakistan Fellowships Recommendation” and the applicant’s name in the subject line.
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding the Mittal Institute’s Fellowship opportunities. If you have questions, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions page or email the Mittal Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.