The Government Communication Service (GCS) internship offers a unique opportunity to develop your skills and the chance to work across a wide range of communications disciplines, delivering cutting edge work for the UK government.
You will contribute to exciting new ideas and real issues that affect real people. You could find yourself:
- conducting research and analyzing audience insight;
- assisting with the creation and implementation of campaigns;
- creating innovative content for social media;
- working in a busy media office and with senior officials;
- organizing events across the UK;
- providing project support;
- working on a major staff engagement program.
To apply, candidates must:
- Be in their final two years at university or a 2019 graduate – in a communications-related subject (awarded or expected) or
- Be working towards a degree equivalent qualification (NVQ level 6);
- Meet the nationality requirement and the right to work in the UK requirement: Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non-EEA nationals;
- You must be a British citizen to work in some placements, and additional clearance checks may be required depending on your placement. Please note your placement and start date is dependent upon completion of security clearance.
Candidates must also be from one or more of the following backgrounds:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME);
- Lower socioeconomic background;
- Care leaver background;
- Candidates who consider themselves to have a disability.
- A 6 to 12 week paid internship within either a government department or public body;
- Salary: GBP 350 per week.
How to apply?
Recruitment process and assessment criteria:
- An online test;
- Your CV and statement of suitability;
- Telephone interview.
You will be assessed according to the following competencies and behaviors:
- Seeing the bigger picture (Level 1)
- Working together (Level 1)
- GCS Technical Competency framework – Insight (Level 1)
For more information read the GCS Internship Candidate Information Pack 2020 (PDF 2MB)
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
For any other queries contact [email protected]