AfricaLics is the acronym for the African Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems. They bring together scholars, researchers and policy analysts who study development, innovation, learning and competence building in an African context.
Application Deadline: July 2020
University or Organization: AfricaLics
Course Level: Phd program
Award: Education Fund
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: African students
The award can be taken in Kenya
Eligible Countries: African students can apply for this application .
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any PhD degree subject offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To qualify for a scholarship,
- The scholarship option is open to PhD students from countries classified by the DAC as low and lower-middle-income in Africa whose studies – irrespective of sectoral discipline – focus on innovation and development.
- Female PhD students are particularly encouraged to apply as AfricaLics endeavors to contribute to increasing the currently low number of female scholars in Innovation and Development research studies in Africa.
- Likewise, PhD students from low-income countries are particularly encouraged to apply as AfricaLics endeavors to increase research capacity in Innovation and Development in low-income countries in Africa.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, Applicants must be enrolled as PhD students at African universities and must have completed their first year of PhD studies by July 2020.
- Language Requirements: All applicants must meet Humber’s English Language Proficiency Policy.
- Benefits: AfricaLics will provide the education fund for African students.