ORGANISATION/COMPANYGESIS – Leibniz Institut für Sozialwissenschaften
RESEARCH FIELDEthics in social sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/03/2020 22:00 – Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGermany › Mannheim
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39,5
GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by
federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association.
For the Family Research and Demographic Analysis (FReDA) project, our Team Family Surveys,
located in Mannheim, is currently looking for a
(Salary group 13 TV-L, 100%, limited to 31.12.2024)
Monitoring current social developments is a primary objective of the social sciences. The department „Monitoring Society and
Social Change“ supports the social sciences in this task by providing comprehensive data and tools to describe and
analyse social changes. In close cooperation with the Federal Institute for Population Research (BiB) and the pairfam
consortium, FReDA will be set up to integrate the Generations & Gender Programme (GGP) and pairfam in one German data
infrastructure. FReDA is designed as a panel study including anchors and their partners, starting in 2020 with recruitment
interviews before going fully operational.
Your tasks will be:
- Implementation of the FReDA panel (preparing data collection, fieldwork monitoring, data quality control, data preparation)
- Preparing study reports and documentations
- Coordination with service providers and national project Partners
- Research based on FReDA data (publication of results in journals and presentation at conferences)
- Doctoral/Ph.D. degree in the social sciences or a University degree in a relevant field (M.A.) and several years of professional experience with data collection Projects
- Very good skills in quantitative methods of social science research; experiences with conducting surveys, particularly mixed-mode and panels, are an Advantage
- Internationally visible publications are an advantage, especially in the field of survey methodology
- Very good skills in German and English (spoken and written) as well as the ability and willingness to work in a German-speaking Environment
- Ability to work in a team, communication skills, and organizational talent as well as an independent and proactive working style
GESIS offers an exciting work Environment for interdisciplinary research at the interface between the social sciences and
computer science. As an infrastructure institution, we promote social science research and cooperate with renowned
international research Institutes.
GESIS supports your career development. We offer a wide range of career opportunities in an attractive and rewarding work environment that allows you to carry out your tasks in a creative and autonomous manner. You will work in an international environment in the heart of Mannheim and benefit from our flexible working conditions as well as our extensive internal and external Networks.
GESIS is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to disability regulations. We are a family-friendly employer and have
been certified by the audit Work&Family since 2010. The position is available on a full-time or part-time Basis.
You will find further information here.
For further information concerning the tasks please contact Dr. Tobias Gummer via E-Mail. If you have
questions about the application process, please contact Michaela Schwarzhaupt via E-Mail.
Our reference number is: DBG-50.