You can be granted a residence permit as a seasonal worker if you are going to do a job that can only be carried out at a special time of the year, or if you are going to work as a holiday stand-in for a permanent employee.
You must have a job before you apply for a residence permit.The work must be full-time for the whole period you will be staying here. You do not need vocational training.
What kind of work is not seasonal?
Examples of work that is not deemed to be seasonal work:
- other trades
Requirements for applying
Requirements of seasonal workers
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
Requirements relating to the job offer
- You must have received a concrete offer of full-time employment. You can have more than one employer, but you must then have received a concrete offer from each employer.
- The job you are to do must either be seasonal work or work as a holiday stand-in.
- The pay and working conditions must not be poorer than is normal in Norway. You must be guaranteed a minimum hourly wage.
Requirements of the employer
- Your employer must obtain confirmation from the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration (NAV) that it is not possible to recruit enough workers from Norway or the EEA to perform the job.
- If the work is in the agriculture or forestry industry, it is not necessary to obtain confirmation from NAV.
Rights and obligations
- You can be granted a seasonal work permit for up to six months.
- If you wish to work for a new employer, you must apply again.
- If you have held a permit as a seasonal worker for six months, you must stay outside Norway for six months before you can be granted a new seasonal work permit. You cannot stay in Norway as a seasonal worker for more than six months during a twelve-month period.
- The period you have this permit does not count if you later wish to apply for a permanent residence permit.
- You family is not entitled to residence permits to come and live with you in Norway.
Vous devez avoir un emploi avant de demander un permis de séjour.Le travail doit être à plein temps pour toute la période où vous resterez ici. Vous n’avez pas besoin de formation professionnelle.
Quel type de travail n’est pas saisonnier?
Exemples de travail non considéré comme saisonnier:
- La peinture
- autres métiers