January 22 , 2020 at 15:00 (GMT+2).
Finland, Austria, France, Germany, Romania, Spain.
MSc European Forestry programme
MSc European Forestry (MSc EF) is a top class taught Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Programme (EMJMD) in the field of forest sciences. The quality of our programme is acknowledged by the European Commission, which awarded the MSc European Forestry Erasmus Mundus status for years 2004–2014 and for years 2016–2019 and 2019-2023.
The programme is a two-year interdisciplinary programme that provides academic education in the field of sustainable resource management with an emphasis on current bioeconomy issues. MSc EF offers a new approach to forestry and nature management markets and it connects the increasing number of forest-related issues with a European dimension at international as well as national levels.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The first year studies will take place in Joensuu, Finland.
- The second year studies are carried out in one of the Consortium Universities in Austria, France, Germany, Romania or Spain.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
-Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or related field with good grades issued by an internationally recognised university.
- Good command of English language. TOEFL iBT 90 or IELTS 6.5 or PTE 59.
- Recommendation letter.
For more information or details click here.
- Student participation costs: 8,500 EUR per year per scholarship holder from a Partner Country.
- Contribution to travel and installation costs.
- 2,000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1,000 EUR for installation costs for a scholarship holder, resident in a Partner Country less than 4000 km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
- 3,000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1,000 EUR for installation costs for a scholarship holder, resident in a Partner Country 4 000 km or more from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
- Contribution to the subsistence costs: 1,000 EUR per month for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme (24 months maximum).
For more about funding and cost, Click here
How to Apply
First Step: When the application period begins (3/12/2019 at 08:00), press fill in application form here and make sure you have attached the required application enclosures (in pdf format).
-The Application Enclosures Are:
- The original degree certificate (in the original language) and an English, Finnish or Swedish translation of the degree certificate
- The original transcript of records (in the original language) and an English, Finnish or Swedish translation of the transcript of records.
- English language certificate
- Two recommendation letters, use the template here
- Curriculum vitae. CV must be presented in chronological order and must not have gaps longer than 12 months during the most recent five years.
- A certificate of residence*
- A copy of your passport
- Two passport-size photos of you.
In addition, as a part of the admission requirements, in the on-line application form you will be requested to write a motivation letter (max. 1000 characters) and include information about your work experience (max. 500 characters) and international experience (max. 500 characters).
*The place of residence should be verified on the basis of the provision of the documents listed on the PRADO website.
Second Step: Send recommendation letter forms. They can be attached with the online application form or they can be sent by email to the MSc EF programme coordinator Ms. Marjoriitta Möttönen (marjoriitta.mottonen(at)uef.fi) by the referee.
Know more about this opportunity: