Applications are now open for the 2022 Visa Diversity Lottery Program (visa lottery). Established by Section 203 (c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), the DV Lottery or Diversity Visa Program was created to allow people from low population countries to the USA to immigrate in the USA.
The main goal of the DV program is to diversify the American population. In fact, diversity visas are open each year to persons born in a country that totaled less than 50,000 immigrants to the United States in the categories of family visas and employment, during the five years previous.
Up to 55,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available for fiscal year 2022. The visa lottery program application process is very straightforward, available online and there is no registration fee.
Diversity visas are divided into six geographic regions and no single country can receive more than seven percent of the DV available in over a year . Winners are randomly selected by a computer system, and they can then obtain an American Green Card to live, study or work in the United States.
All applicants for the DV-2022 visa program must be deemed eligible and obtain their visa or change their status by the end of fiscal year 2022 (September 30, 2022). The nomination period for DV-2022 is 12:00 (GMT-4) on October 7, 2020 to 12:00 (GMT -5) on November 10, 2020.
- Organizer: Department of State, United States of America.
- Number of Visas: 55,000.
- Processing time: until September 30, 2022.
- Target group: the program is open to people born in any country in the world except the following countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (including Hong Kong ), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.
Benefits of the Diversity Visa Lottery Program
The candidates selected for the DV lottery program can apply for a visa and enter the United States and receive their cards green. The green card will allow them to live , study and work in the United States of America.
They will subsequently be eligible for naturalization if they meet the following criteria: Be at least 18 years old at the time you submit the naturalization application and have been a legal permanent resident (green card holder) for at least five years.
Eligibility for the Diversity Visa Lottery Program
To apply for the visa lottery program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be born in an eligible country or;
- Your spouse was born in an eligible country (if you are married).
- Have at least a high school diploma (12 years) or;
- Two years of work experience within the last five years in a profession requiring a minimum of two years of training.
- Hold a valid passport;
- The candidates may include their children under 21 and their spouses if they are married.
To apply, candidates must click the button to apply below to follow an instruction step by step on how to register for the 2022 visa lottery program.
- Full name, gender – male or female
- Date of birth – city where you were born.
- Country where you were born, country of DV eligibility.
- Digital photography.
- Telephone number (optional).
- E-mail adress
- The highest level of education you have achieved to date.
- Current marital status.
- Number of children.
Those interested will have until November 10, 2020 at 12:00 (GMT-5) to submit their applications for the Diversity Visa Lottery Program. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to be the first to see the latest opportunities.