An engineer or post-doc position is available for the RHU Project Epinov (Coordinator: Prof. Fabrice Bartolomei; Scientific Director: Prof. Viktor Jirsa) in the Institut de Neuroscience des Systemes (INS) at Aix-Marseille University. Epinov Project (“Improving Epilepsy Surgery Management and Prognosis using Virtual Brain Technology”, http://www.epinov.com), evaluates the use of personalized computational brain network models using The Virtual Brain (http://www.thevirtualbrain.org) in clinical decision making of epilepsy surgery. We are seeking highly motivated individuals interested in application of state-of-the-art brain modeling, high performance computation and applications to medicine.
We are a multi-national team interested in understanding the mechanisms underlying the spatiotemporal organization of large-scale brain networks. Our work comprises mathematical and computational modeling of large-scale network dynamics and human brain imaging data, the development of neuroinformatics tools for studying large-scale brain networks applied to concrete functions and dysfunctions (epilepsy, dementia).
- Candidates should hold an engineer degree or PhD degree in computational neuroscience, biomedical engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics, or a closely related field.
- Candidates should have the ability to program in a numerically oriented language (Python) and have a good understanding of the program language so that he/she is willing to learn new software and tools.
- Candidates should have a sense of responsibility and be capable of adhering tight deadlines and finishing his/her work on time.
Successful candidates will have
- experience in analyzing neuroimaging data and high performance computing
- Solid Python programming experience, in both, numerical as well as object oriented aspects, familiarity with Linux and containerization technology
- opportunity to work on interesting scientific questions; (Engineer position is encouraged and supported to apply a PhD position after 6 months.)
Terms of salary and employment
The position is initially for one year, renewable on an annual basis based on performance. Salary will depend on diploma and experience. Operating language in the laboratory is English and French.
For applications, please prepare the following items
- Letter of motivation
- Two names of referees including their email addresses and websites
Please see for more information: Institut de Neurosciences des Systèmes https://ins-amu.fr/.